The award winning HITZ programme tackles some of the greatest challenges facing young people today - unemployment, crime and disillusionment. Delivered nationally by Premiership Rugby and funded by national partners Barclays, Comic Relief, Land Rover and Wooden Spoon, HITZ uses rugby to increase young people's resilience, self-reliance and confidence. It gives them the skills to get back into education, vocational training, apprenticeships and employment. HITZ gives those with no hope new hope. Please visit www.HITZrugby.com to find out more.
Using rugby as the hook to reach vulnerable young people, Premiership Rugby's award-winning HITZ programme provides a new opportunity to become work ready, for young people Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET) and pre NEETs. Designed for those who are struggling to complete qualifications in an institutionalised setting, HITZ recognises that young people who have fallen through the net need tailored support, both academically and personally.
· HITZ responds to the crisis of physical inactivity amongst disadvantaged and vulnerable young people by providing twice weekly rugby training.
· HITZ imparts rugby's ethos - teamwork, discipline, enjoyment, respect and sportsmanship - as a vehicle to develop grit, tenacity and perseverance.
· HITZ capitalises on rugby's ability to remove barriers, build trust and increase confidence
· HITZ develops participants' experience, networks and knowhow. It does this through twice weekly issue based discussions attached to rugby training - drugs, sexual health, financial literacy, and communication skills
· HITZ provides young people already on HITZ with a personalised study programme including numeracy, literacy, ICT and employability skills.
· HITZ NEETs that complete the syllabus are supported to achieve their "positive progression" - re-entering education, undertaking apprenticeships or entering employment.
Currently the HITZ programme is running HITZ evening session at four different venues around Manchester for 11 to 19 year olds girls and boys to come along at take part in fun, enjoyable rugby sessions.
Monday: Powerhouse 7.00 pm to 8.00 pm
Tuesday: Wonderland Park, Ardwick 4.30 pm to 5.30 pm
Wednesday: Our Lady's High School 3.15 pm to 4.30 pm
Thursday: Ten Acres Leisure Centre 4.00 pm to 5.30 pm
Add 'Tom Hitz Leader' on facebook for latest information about the HITZ programme and HITZ evening sessions.
|For more information or to make an enquiry about Sale Sharks' Community Department please fill in the form below and a member of our team will get back to you to discuss your requitements