The Sharks Community Trust was formed in July 2011, with the aim of being better able to support and expand the community activities undertaken by the club and its players. The Sharks Community Trust, together with the Sale Sharks brand, professional players and high quality staff, aims to engage and challenge children and young people to lead an active, healthy and rewarding lifestyle.
The Sharks Community are a registered charity (number 1142956) and are financially separate from Manchester Sale Rugby Club (Sale Sharks) and any income is spent entirely on the delivery of our key objectives.
There are several local and national programmes that the Trust is actively involved with. All the programmes are run in conjunction with various partners such as the Rugby Football Union, Cheshire County RFU, Lancashire County RFU, local authorities, national agencies and commercial sponsors. The programmes cover topics such as healthy eating, anti-bullying, numeracy, as well as rugby skills development.
The Sharks Community Trust's objectives are for the benefit of the public generally, both in the United Kingdom and overseas and in particular the inhabitants of Lancashire, Cheshire and Greater Manchester and their surrounding areas. One of the Trust's key objectives is to tackle social, health and economic barriers to participation in sport The Trust's objectives are:
- To promote community participation in healthy recreation by providing facilities for the playing of rugby union and other sports capable of improving health ('facilities' in this sentence means land, buildings, equipment and organising sporting activities.
- To provide and assist in providing facilities for sport, recreation or other leisure time occupation of such persons who have a need for such facilities by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement, poverty or social and economic circumstances or for the public at large in the interests of social welfare and with the object of improving their conditions of life.
- To advance the education of children and other persons through such means as the Trustees think fit in accordance with the law of charity, and
- For the general purposes of such charitable bodies or for such other exclusively charitable purposes in each case as the Trustees may decide from time to time.
What We Do:
The Sharks Community Trust runs a number of programmes, including those listed below. To find out more about any of the programmes, please click on the links provided.
- Aviva Tackling Numbers
- Number Cruncherz with MBNA
- Something To Chew On with Supporters' Club, BT Sport
- Schools Coaching - Coaching You
Sharks Community Trust would not be able to achieve its objectives without funding: If you would like more information on how to support us, please contact Jonny Acheson on 07738131064 or by email: email@example.com