Report to: Community Manager
The role will look to enable the Sharks Community Trust to positively engage with as many people as possible by creating educational opportunities across the North West.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- To manage delivery of and to evolve the 'Number Cruncherz' Programme, including line managing the delivery staff on the programme.
- To secure funding for the Sharks Community Trust by designing new educational programmes that both meet the objectives of the Sharks Community Trust as well as government and curriculum agendas.
Key Skills and Experience
- Strong project management background, preferably within an educational setting.
- Experience of delivering directly to young people and an awareness of the challenges and opportunities this presents.
- Experience of facilitating and delivering training to colleagues and volunteers to build their knowledge and engage them with the education programme.
- An understanding of the national curriculum and how to design programmes to meet specific criteria.
- An understanding of funding streams and experience of accessing funding for educational programmes.
- Experience within the education sector and an understanding of the funding available across all ages.
- Ability to identify opportunities to extend current programmes, and to develop new ones.
- Experience of creating and managing internal and external stakeholder relationships e.g. with teachers, colleagues, volunteers etc.
- Ability to set and maintain standards of behaviour and act as a role model to young people.
- Awareness of the legislation, equality and health and safety needs for working within the community environment.
- Flexible approach to working and an ability to accept change and unsociable hours as needed.
- Basic understanding and interest in rugby and sport in general.
- Hold a valid and clear DBS check.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com Thursday 2nd January 2014 at 9.00am. Interviews will take place on Thursday 9th January 2014.