Sale Sharks Community Trust are expanding and looking for enthusiastic and inspiring team players who have a proven ability to plan and deliver high quality classroom-based activities for their education programmes across Greater Manchester. The Advantage Programme is aimed at young people not currently in education and employment (NEET) and the position will combine a passion for education and enrichment with strong organisational, communication and administrative skills.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Full time
Salary: £20-25K per annum depending on experience
Reports to: Advantage Programme Manager and Community Trust Education Manager
Closing date: Friday 31st May 2019 – 5.00pm
Interview date: Week beginning: Monday 10th June 2019
The Sharks Advantage and Education Programmes have a record of success tackling the challenges facing young people today, including unemployment, crime and disillusionment, by using education and enrichment to increase young people’s skills, confidence and motivation. The Advantage programme provides a unique mix of Level 1&2 Employability Qualifications, Functional skills qualifications in English and Maths, work preparation and enrichment sessions to support young people into college, apprenticeships or employment.
The position is a full-time role and programme location will be discussed on appointment. The successful candidate will be expected to deliver all aspects of education and enrichment activities, as well as supporting the Programme Manager with the recruitment of young people onto the programme, developing work placements and progressing learners onto a positive destination (apprenticeship, job or place in full time education).
Applicants will ideally hold a valid driving license and have access to a suitable vehicle. Due to the nature of the programme, applicants may occasionally need to work evenings/weekends and arrange overnight trips for the participants.
The successful applicant will be representing Sale Sharks and must be professional, approachable and personable at all times, promoting themselves and the club in a positive light.
To apply, please send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plan and deliver all aspects of education and enrichment activities for 16-18 Year olds, including Functional Skills and Level 1/Level 2 qualifications alongside issue-based session.
- Support the Programme Manager in recruitment for participants on to the Advantage programme including developing and maintaining a strong relationship with referral organisations.
- Plan and deliver work preparation, issue-based sessions (eg drug and alcohol awareness, improving mental wellbeing, developing healthy relationships etc) and enrichment sessions.
- Keep accurate monitoring records for all sessions and contribute to the gathering and analysis of evaluation information on the systems for activities and individuals within those activities.
- Support the Programme Manager to develop placement opportunities and progress participants on to apprenticeships, job or further full-time education at a higher level.
- Work with safer neighbourhood teams, youth groups, schools and other local agencies to encourage links between them to recruit and support ongoing participation and achievement by young people.
- Ensure and support the safeguarding of all learners in line with policies.
- Deliver enrichment projects, multi-sport sessions, coordinate competitions and other events as appropriate. All activities should be appropriate to the needs of the target audience and be line with the Sharks Community Trust strategic aims
- Level 3 in Teaching and Education or above (or be working towards it)
- Proven ability to plan and deliver high quality classroom-based activities
- Experience of working with challenging young adults in an educational setting
- Experience of assessment, monitoring and evaluation – ideally in an education setting
- An enthusiastic and committed individual who will ‘go the extra mile’ to deliver results
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Excellent communication and motivation skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- An ability to inspire others
- NGB Level 1 coaching awards
- Assessor or IV awards
- Degree qualified – strong academic record
- Experience in working with NEET young people
The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS check to work with children and vulnerable adults and employment will only be offered if a clear check and suitable references are received back.
Sharks Community Trust is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief or marital status.