Sharks Community Trust is looking for a highly motivated individual who is passionate about youth education and the impact alternative education can have on NEET young people along with changing their lives.
Hours: 37.5 hours
Salary: £20,000-£24,000 depending on experience
Reporting to: Education Manager and Quality Assurance Manager
Closing Date: 18th December
Interview Date: 23rd December, position to start 4th January 2021
The Sharks Advantage and Education Programmes have a record of success tackling the challenges facing young people today, including unemployment, crime and disillusionment, by using education and enrichment to increase young people’s skills, confidence and motivation. The Advantage programme provides a unique mix of Level 2 Employability Qualifications, Functional skills qualifications in English and Maths, work preparation and enrichment sessions to support young people into college, apprenticeships or employment.
The positions are based within the community, locations can be discussed as we have programme roles available in sites in Greater Manchester and Merseyside. The successful candidates will be expected to deliver education and enrichment activities, as well as working with the Quality Assurance Manager with the recruitment of young people onto the programme, developing work placements and progressing learners onto a positive destination (apprenticeship, job or place in full time education).
Applicants will hold a valid driving license and have access to a suitable vehicle. Due to the nature of the programme, applicants may occasionally need to work evenings/weekends and arrange overnight trips for the participants.
Aspects of the role include:
- Plan and deliver education and enrichment activities for 16-18 Year olds, including Level 1/Level 2 qualifications alongside issue-based sessions.
- Work with the Quality Assurance Manager in recruiting participants on to the Advantage programme including developing and maintaining a strong relationship with referral organisations.
- Plan and deliver work preparation, issue-based sessions (eg drug and alcohol awareness, improving mental wellbeing, developing healthy relationships etc) and enrichment sessions.
- Keep accurate monitoring records for all sessions and contribute to the gathering and analysis of evaluation information on the systems for activities and individuals within those activities.
- Work with the Quality Assurance Manager to develop placement opportunities and progress participants on to apprenticeship, job or further full-time education at a higher level.
- Work with safer neighbourhood teams, youth groups, schools and other local agencies to encourage links between them to recruit and support ongoing participation and achievement by young people.
- Ensure and support the safeguarding of all learners in line with policies.
- Deliver enrichment activities and events as appropriate. All activities should be appropriate to the needs of the target audience and be line with the Sharks Community Trust strategic aims
– Proven ability to plan and deliver high quality classroom-based activities
– Experience of working with challenging young adults in an educational setting
– Experience of assessment, monitoring and evaluation – ideally in an education setting
– An enthusiastic and committed individual who will ‘go the extra mile’ to deliver results
– Excellent organisation and time management skills
– Excellent communication and motivation skills
– Willingness to work flexible hours
– An ability to inspire others
– Level 3 in Teaching and Education or above (or be working towards it)
– NGB Level 1 coaching awards
– Assessor or IV awards
– Degree qualified – strong academic record
– Experience in working with NEET young people
Please send a CV and covering letter detailing relevant experience and how you meet the person specification to: Ryan Barrett – firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the position you are applying for in the subject header.