Sharks Community Trust is looking for a highly motivated individual who believes in the power of sport and the impact it can have in changing lives in the community.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £17,000-£19,000 depending on experience
Reporting to: Rugby Development Manager
Start Date: March/April 2021
Closing date: 19th February, 5pm
Interview date: TBC
As part of the Rugby Development team for Sharks Community Trust you will be responsible for delivering a range of Trust’ programmes, focusing on school programmes such as Tackling Health, Project Rugby and Development Camps.
Delivering and co-developing the Trust’s Rugby Union programmes in the North West. Aspects of the role include:
- To deliver high quality sport and Rugby Union sessions to a range of participants with varying abilities and experiences. This will include novice players and experienced players of all ages.
- To work within the Rugby Development team to plan and deliver high quality sport and Rugby Union sessions across the range of Schools based programs; Tag Rugby, Contact Rugby and Mixed Ability Rugby.
- Deliver high quality education programs in both Primary and Secondary School settings to meet the requirements of the National Curriculum at all levels.
- To work with Sharks Community Trust staff on the Rugby Development Camps to deliver high quality Rugby Union sessions in line with the Trust’s player centered and game based coaching philosophy.
- To help create and establish strong relationships with stakeholders to develop links with grassroots clubs to allow individuals the opportunity to progress within their sport.
- To ensure the health and safety of all participants taking part in Sharks Community Trust activities. This includes completing risk assessments and complying with all aspects of Sharks Community Trust safeguarding policies and practices.
- Maintain accurate monitoring and evaluation in line with the program Key Performance Indicators where required.
- Plan and co-ordinate Rugby Union delivery at Sale Sharks home matches to offer high quality match day experiences.
- Represent Sale Sharks and be professional, approachable and personable at all times, promoting themselves and the club in a positive light.
- To support and assist on other Community programs as and when required,
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- England Rugby Coaching Award or Level 2 qualified coach.
- Proven ability to plan and deliver high quality sports and Rugby Union sessions across a range of age groups, experience levels and abilities.
- An interest in sport and an understanding of wider issues related to sport, health and education
- Experience of working with a range of participants from different backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to record and analyse data in relation to Key Performance Indicators.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft office
- The ability to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- An enthusiastic and committed individual who will ‘go the extra mile’ to deliver results
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- A valid driving license and access to own vehicle
- Degree level education or additional sporting qualifications.
- Experience of working in an educational setting with knowledge of the national curriculum, assessment and monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge of the Sale Sharks DPP and Academy Pathway
- Coach Mentor or Coach Developer Qualification.
- Experience of project management and program development
- Possess a mental health first aid certificate
- Possess a first aid qualification
To apply please send relevant CV and covering letter to Community@Salesharks.com.