Please help us in supporting Simon Hammersley and the Duchenne Dash.
This year Simon Hammersely & his Dad will be taking part in the Duchenne Dash in aid of Duchenne UK following his nephew Edward’s diagnosis of Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD), a muscle wasting disease. Duchenne UK are the leading DMD charity in the UK focused on finding effective treatments for the disease. They have one clear aim – to End Duchenne.
HOW TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT:
Virtual Bucket Collection
We are running a virtual bucket collection in conjunction with the Sale Sharks v Harlequins home fixture on Friday 4th June. All donations are greatly appreciated, which you can make HERE.
Alternatively, you can enter our prize draw to win an England & Sale Sharks signed shirt, PLUS 4 places in the C&C Insurance Hospitality Suite for a Sale Sharks 2021-22 home fixture*.
*To be agreed & organised with the club.
Ways to enter
1. Text the word SALESHARKS to 70085. Texts cost £10 plus one standard message rate.
2. Enter for free by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and phone number.
All donations go to Duchenne UK to help end Duchenne.
1. The prize draw will be open at 0:01 Thursday 3rd June 2021 and close at 23:59 Sunday 6th June 2021.
2. Enter by texting the word SALESHARKS to 70085, costs £10 plus one standard network message rate. You can donate multiple times via text.
3. Emails sent to email@example.com with the entrant’s name and phone number whilst the prize draw is open will be entered into the draw.
4. The prize draw is open to all residents of the UK (please note the text service to enter the prize draw does not include Channel Islands or Isle of Man mobile networks). The prize draw is open to those aged 18 or over.
Simon Hammersley’s Story:
“This year my Dad and I will be taking part in the Duchenne Dash. Alongside many others we will attempt to collectively cycle 40,000km (approximately the distance around the world) in a 12 hour cycling marathon.
This event and the Duchenne UK charity is particularly close to us as my nephew Edward was unfortunately diagnosed with the disease in 2018. Edward is a brilliantly cheerful, witty and charismatic five year old boy. He is always centre of attention and has a love of trains, mini golf and Monty (our family dog) whilst being one of the most inquisitive little boys. The illness has sadly already had a significant impact on his lifestyle, including a lot of hospital trips and while he can still walk he often requires the use of a wheelchair. Although what he sometimes lacks in mobility he more than makes up for in personality.
As of yet there is no cure for this awful illness, but by spreading the word and your kind donations we can hope to fund the brilliant scientific work that one day will hopefully help Edward and boys like him in the future.”
Duchenne UK has one clear aim – to end Duchenne, a devastating muscle-wasting disease. As the leading Duchenne charity in the UK, they connect the best researchers with industry, the NHS and families to challenge every stage of drug development to make the incurable, curable. Together, we will find treatments and cures for this generation of patients with Duchenne.