The purpose of this Code of Conduct is to reduce the risk of COVID-19 being spread when supporters attend the AJ Bell Stadium. It is everyone’s responsibility to protect themselves and others. Remember to always act in ways which reduce the risk of exposure and transmission of the virus.
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement regarding additional measures to limit the spread of Covid-19, supporters attending may be subject to COVID passport spot-checks.
This means you may be asked to present evidence of your vaccination status, or evidence of a negative COVID-19 test prior to your entry to the AJ Bell Stadium if you are over the age of 18 and not exempt.
Please ensure that you have a valid NHS Covid Pass on your mobile device and be ready to present this if you are asked to do so by the COVID-19 spot check team. The spot-check team will be located around the perimeter of the stadium on matchday.
Information about how to download your NHS Covid Pass can be found here
If you are travelling from outside of England you can provide proof of vaccination that is available to you from your local health authority.
You can also take a Covid-19 test within 48 hours of your visit to the AJ Bell Stadium. You will need to register it with the NHS and present proof of your negative result. Tests can be ordered for free here
Please remember that you must not attend a match if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or if you are at risk of passing on COVID-19. The government guidance current ‘stay at home’ guidance is available here
Whilst we strongly encourage supporters to adhere to the updated matchday protocols and the Club’s code of conduct you will not be declined entry if you are unable to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test at this time.
Should you attend?
1. You should not attend matches if applicable government guidance prevents you doing so, for example, because you have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace; are required to isolate after travel; or because you are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms (including a high temperature, new and persistent cough, or a loss of/change in sense of taste or smell), even if these symptoms are mild
2. Everyone must consider their health, age, and clinical vulnerability before deciding to attend. Visit nhs.uk for guidance. Please be aware that the Club cannot completely eliminate the risk of COVID-19. Therefore, if you feel uncomfortable with the risk, you should not attend.
3. All adult supporters (18+) must be prepared to demonstrate their COVID-19 status upon request to confirm they are either fully vaccinated or have received a negative COVID-19 test result within 48 hours of kick-off. Exemptions apply
4. While many COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted, please be respectful of others and responsible in your behaviour. Inconsiderate, reckless or anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated
5. You must not engage in any conduct that is intended to transmit the COVID-19 virus to another person or any conduct that can be reasonably construed to be intending to transmit the COVID-19 virus to another person
6. Please respect those working at the AJ Bell Stadium. You must always follow signage and instructions issued by our staff. If you have any concerns please contact your nearest steward or matchday host
7. All fans are encouraged to download the NHS COVID-19 app.
8. We encourage everyone to use lateral flow tests to test themselves for COVID-19 before they attend the AJ Bell Stadium. Visit gov.uk to order lateral flow kits.
9. Please continue to wear a face covering when you are indoors at the AJ Bell Stadium if you can. The government recommends that people continue to wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces. Exemptions apply. If you wish to use an exemption card or badge, you can download an exemption card template
10. If you feel unwell, particularly with a cough or temperature, contact your nearest steward or matchday host immediately
11. Maintain good hand hygiene and avoid touching your face whenever possible. There will be sanitiser dispensers provided. If you touch any common areas (for example handrails) please sanitise your hands immediately
Arrival at the Stadium
13. Please give plenty of time for the journey to the AJ Bell Stadium to ensure early arrival to go through all entry procedures and to avoid queues where possible
14. You can expect staff to check your COVID-19 certification on entry and checks will be conducted at random
15. ID checks may be conducted on arrival. Bring ID that matches your COVID-19 certification
16. Please avoid gathering in congested areas
17. Kiosks will be open and food and drinks should be consumed in your seat
18. All payments at the stadium will be cashless and contactless
19. Please sit in your allocated seat and remain in your seat whenever possible
Thank you in advance for your co-operation.