Job Title: Academy Lead Physiotherapist
Manager: Academy Manager and Head of Medical
Salary: Salary: £30k + dependent upon experience
Closing Date: 11th June
THE ROLE: To provide and manage physiotherapy services through assessment, treatment rehabilitation and education for Sale Sharks Academy players. The candidate will lead the senior academy & U18s teams whilst overseeing all Sale Sharks Academy programmes as well as EAP registered players.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in an Academy/Professional Sport setting.
The full time role will be based at the training base in Carrington and supporting other Academy players through the schools network.
The role will involve occasionally working unsociable hours to include bank holidays, early mornings, evenings and weekends as required.
This role is subject to disclosure procedures.
- To oversee the deployment of treatment , rehabilitation and management of injured academy players with a particular focus on Senior Academy and U18s players
- Manage the provision of appropriate medical cover for players across all pathways.
- Work closely with EAP players throughout the programme.
- Work closely with the Academy Doctors, Therapist, Coaches and other support staff to ensure the maintenance and/ or return to fitness of injured players. Also communicating with International medical teams as needed.
- Educate players, parents, coaches, schools and clubs in overall player treatment and prevention of injuries.
- To oversee the design of academy player screening and profiling in order to issue specific injury prevention education and prehab plans to players.
- Consult on prehabiliation/rehabilitation programmes in partnership with the strength and conditioning coaches.
- Work on split site delivery & support all Academy Games & Festivals
- Embrace and set best practice standards on all programme involvements.
- Ensure comprehensive medical notes utilising Rugby Squad software have been completed.
- Attend the annual RFU medical conference.
- Promotion of anti-doping practices in line with World Rugby recommendations
- Complete internal, RFU & PRL annual audits
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- BSc Degree in Physiotherapy/Sports Rehabilitation or other associated qualifications
- Communication and strong interpersonal skills are crucial to the role
- At least 2 years post graduate experience
- Experience of working in a sporting environment
- A strong desire to work with and develop Elite Junior Rugby players
- Full British driving licence and access to your own car
- Current RFU ICIS Qualification or equivalent.
- Working towards Masters qualification/further CPD
- Access to on-site gym
- Subsidised meals during season
- Free parking on site
- Free match tickets to all Sale Sharks home fixtures
How to Apply
Please send CV and covering letter to Fergus.Mulchrone@salesharks.com by 11th June.
Interviews to take place 19th -23rd June.