Job Title: Fundraising Manager
Department: Sale Sharks Foundation
Manager: Operations Manager
Hours of Work: Full Time (37.5 Hours per week pro-rata)
Closing Date: 25th August 2023
This is a new role within the Sale Sharks Foundation where you will be responsible for developing and delivering the organisations Fundraising strategy and ambitions.
The role will have a focus on achieving agreed annual fundraising targets by developing new relationships with potential donors and partners as well as seeking opportunities and connections for our Sharks communities to raise money on our behalf through sponsored activity and individual giving.
This is an exciting time for an experienced fundraiser to join the Foundation and help us develop this area of our organisation. It would give you the opportunity to develop and lead the direction of fundraising on behalf of the Foundation to support it to continue to deliver its worth projects across Greater Manchester and the North-West for years to come.
View a full list of roles and responsibilities here.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading on the delivering of fundraising events and activities in one or more of the following areas: individual giving, major donors, trusts and Foundations, and corporates.
- Record of consistently achieving annual fundraising targets.
- Proven success at building effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders in a fundraising environment.
- Experience of producing monitoring and evaluation reports
- Track record of developing and managing projects and events with other partners to achieve successful outcomes.
- Experience and understanding of risk assessments and procedures.
- Previous experience of leading and motivating others to a common purpose.
- Evidence of the ability to develop and manage project budgets.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and work well under pressure.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong organisational self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent data and numeracy skills
- Understanding of data protection and GDPR principals
- High attention to detail including good use of grammar and spelling.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft 365 packages
- Understanding of the Fundraising Code of Conduct
- Qualifications linked to Fundraising.
- Membership to the institute of Fundraising
- Ambitious and driven with a willingness to learn.
- A passion for the community and making a difference.
- A friendly, positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- A commitment to the aims, vision, and values of Sale Sharks Foundation
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Good analytical skills, problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent communication and the ability to motivate and sell ideas to others.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to assess priorities and work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to inspire and articulate the full breadth of impact the work of the Foundation has.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Full driver’s license and use of a vehicle.
Please send a CV and a covering letter setting out why you believe you are our ideal candidate, along with your completed Equality, Diversity & Inclusion monitoring form to Claire.Hanrahan@salesharks.com
Please do not hesitate to contact Claire if you would like to discuss the role in more detail on 0161 667 7519 or email her at the above email address.
Sale Sharks Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS check to work with children and vulnerable people and employment will only be offered if a clear check and suitable references are received back.
*Please note only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
View the Sale Sharks Foundation recruitment pack here.
View the Sale Sharks Foundation EDI monitoring form here.