Job Title: Strength & Conditioning Coach/GPS Analyst
Department: Sale Sharks Men’s and Women’s High Performance Team
Manager: Head of Performance
Hours of Work: Full Time (Including evening and weekend work)
Closing Date: Friday, August 11, 2023
THE ROLE: A unique opportunity has arisen to work across both the men’s and women’s teams at Sale Sharks. The role will provide exposure to aspects of both strength & conditioning and sports science. The successful candidate will work alongside performance staff further enhancing the high-performance services delivered to players whilst bringing innovative ideas to progress and improve rugby performance.
- Collect, analyse, and report on all training and match day GPS data.
- Provide daily and weekly reports on both team and individual training loads and intensities.
- Work closely with coaches and performance staff to ensure integration of GPS data is in line with both training and game model demands.
- Ensure that all players are monitored during both team and individual training, providing live feedback where relevant to the coach or player.
- Maintain all GPS equipment, being the direct link between the club and GPS provider.
- Manage and develop a sports science university placement student.
- Assist in the design and delivery of year-round strength and conditioning programs, aimed at improving athletic performance outcomes.
- Work in collaboration with coaches and performance staff in delivering an integrated approach to rugby preparation both on and off the field.
- Assist in maintaining a database for players’ physical performance data and monitoring results, providing regular reviews/progress reports with evidence-based recommendations.
- Implement practices and educate players around both training and match day preparation and recovery methods.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- MSc degree in strength & conditioning/sports science related subject.
- At least two years post-graduate experience in a similar role/environment.
- Experience with collecting data and designing reports through Power Bi or similar platform.
- Experience of working in a sporting environment, developing effective relationships with both staff and players.
- Candidate must be driven, organised and have a desire to progress their knowledge and experiences.
- Full British driving licence and access to your own car
- Access to on-site gym
- Free match tickets to all Sale Sharks home fixtures
Please send applications to email@example.com