Job Title: Fundraising Manager
Department: Sale Sharks Foundation
Salary: Competitive (Fixed 1 year, with the view to extend)
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week (Pro rata)
Closing date: 11th February 2024
This is a new role within the Sale Sharks Foundation where you will be responsible for developing and delivering the organisations Fundraising strategy and ambitions.
The role will have a focus on achieving agreed annual fundraising targets by developing new relationships with potential donors and partners as well as seeking opportunities and connections for our Sharks communities to raise money on our behalf through sponsored activity and individual giving.
This is an exciting time for an experienced fundraiser to join the Foundation and help us develop this area of our organisation. It would give you the opportunity to develop and lead the direction of fundraising on behalf of the Foundation to support it to continue to deliver its worthy projects across Greater Manchester and the North-West for years to come.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with key partners, building rapport and developing new relationships quickly with potential donors to maximise fundraising and donation opportunities.
- Manage the accounts of, and relationships with, new and existing corporate partners and ensure they have a consistently high-quality service and experience.
- Act as the key point of contact for all Fundraising activity
- To research and understand existing potential donors to seek out new sources of income, especially those with links to the Northwest and Manchester Area.
- Develop relationships to ensure long term support of the work of Sale Sharks Foundation.
- Work with Sale Sharks Foundation leads to support fundraising activities within existing programmes.
- Prepare and submit successful pitches to potential partners and conduct effective negotiations.
- Work closely with other colleagues across the Foundation departments and within Sale Sharks to ensure fundraising plans are integrated, managing resource effectively to maximise outputs.
- Provide communication and marketing support to ensure the pages and links on salesharks.com website linked to fundraising and donations are up to date. This will also include co-ordinating the production of marketing materials and media coverage.
- Create awareness of the Foundations programmes and fundraising opportunities.
Events & Activities
- To develop, lead and manage the execution of an effective fundraising strategy.
- Responsible for devising and delivering a fundraising plan for corporate fundraising, individual giving and the planning and organisation of a fundraising events calendar.
- Design, develop and lead on the delivery of fundraising and events.
- Innovatively lead on match day fundraising activities, including a yearly ‘Foundation Day’, working closely with our Rugby Development Manager and colleagues within Shale Sharks to bring in fundraising.
- Work with the Operations Manager in the development of a volunteer policy to support the work of fundraising activities.
- Work with department leads to ensure relevant buy in and scheduling of staff to support the work of fundraising were necessary.
- Develop engaging ways to create awareness across our different community environments (schools, Rugby clubs, commercial partners) to help them understand the work of the Foundation and develop buy in to fundraising activities on our behalf.
Finance & Monitoring
- To achieve/ exceed the Foundations fundraising targets and objectives.
- Working with the CEO and wider colleagues to develop and manage annual income and expenditure budgets for charity fundraising.
- Keep clear, accurate records and data collection linked to all fundraising and donation work.
- Track and deliver against agreed KPI’s associated with fundraising.
- Design, deliver and ensure monitoring and evaluative feedback systems are in place for fundraising activities.
- Ability to produce reports and analysis and present findings.
- Ensure that quality assurance of Sale Sharks Foundation fundraising activities, working with colleagues to make sure all materials are relevant and up to date.
- Support the creation of media information and case studies/good news stories to measure the impact of events and activities for the Foundation and relevant partners.
- Responsible for maintaining databases for individual and organisation donors and fundraisers, ensuring all fundraising data is kept to a high standard and in compliance with GDPR.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing digital platforms linked to fundraising, such as Just Giving.
It is expected that the role will include working evenings and weekends including match days. This will always be agreed in advance with time off in lieu offered.
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of duties but is intended to reflect the range of duties the post-holder will perform.
It is key to this role that candidates:
- Always demonstrate the Sale Sharks Foundation values.
- Promote Sale Sharks Foundation’s brand and ethos in a professional and positive manner.
- Be committed to applying and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion as Sale SharksFoundation and comply with all Charity policies and procedures.
- Act in line with the Foundations code of conduct always showing professionalism in all environments we work across.
- Adhere to protocols, policies and procedure respecting data confidentiality in all matters, also protecting any data relating to the area of work in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
- Consistently demonstrate high standards of behaviour and appearance and encourage the same from others.
- Demonstrate a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading on the delivering of fundraising events and activities in one or more of the following areas: individual giving, major donors, corporates and events
- Record of consistently achieving annual fundraising targets in excess of £90k.
- Proven success at building effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders in a corporate fundraising environment.
- Proven success at designing and developing five figure campaigns and activity to support individual giving.
- Experience of producing monitoring and evaluation reports
- Track record of developing and managing projects and events with other partners to achieve successful outcomes.
- Previous experience of leading and motivating others to a common purpose.
- Evidence of the ability to develop project plans and manage project budgets.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and work well under pressure.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to prepare and deliver successful pitches and presentations to different audiences.
- Understanding of data protection and GDPR principals
- Experience and understanding of risk assessments and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft 365 packages
- Experience and knowledge of the local business community
and how it relates to the Sale Sharks Foundation.
- Understanding of the Fundraising Code of Conduct
- An Honours Degree or equivalent level qualification in Business / Media / Marketing and Communications, or a related discipline.
- Qualifications linked to Fundraising.
- Membership to the institute of Fundraising
- Ambitious and driven with a willingness to learn.
- A passion for the community and making a difference.
- A friendly, positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- A commitment to the aims, vision, and values of Sale Sharks Foundation
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Good analytical skills, problem solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent communication and the ability to motivate and sell ideas to others.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to assess priorities and work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to inspire and articulate the full breadth of impact the work of the Foundation has.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Full driver’s license and use of a vehicle.
Please send a CV and a covering letter setting out why you believe you are our ideal candidate, along with your completed Equality, Diversity & Inclusion monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to discuss the role in more detail, on 01616 677519 or email the above email address to book in time with the CEO.
Sale Sharks Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all sectionsof the community. The successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS check to work with children and vulnerable people and employment will only be offered if a clear check and suitable references are received back.
*Please note only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
Sale Sharks Foundation is the charity partner of Sale Sharks, delivering programmes across health, education, inclusion, and grassroots rugby. Our mission is to promote physical and mental wellbeing in children and adults across the North West using the power of sport.
Established in 2010, Sale Sharks Foundation has spent the last decade changing over 75,000 lives in communities across our region. We are committed to introducing rugby to people of all ages and abilities, teaching vital life skills, tackling inequality and ultimately growing the Sharks Family.
The Foundation is proud to offer a broad and diverse range of programmes from wheelchair rugby and veterans’ groups to rugby camps and classroom sessions for 16-18 who are outside of mainstream education. To find out more about our work over the previous 12 months, take a look at Sharks Watch.
View the Sale Sharks Foundation recruitment pack here.
View the Sale Sharks Foundation EDI monitoring form here.