Born in Manchester and proud of our roots, Sale Sharks is the only Premiership Rugby Union team in the North-West, playing top-flight rugby in the Gallagher Premiership and European Champions Cup, with an emerging Women’s team competing in the Allianz Premier 15s. Our club philosophy is to be a better person, our Shark blood of Togetherness, Fearlessness, Pride, Passion and Humility running through the club make us who we are. A family woven together by the Fabric of the North.
Sale Sharks are seeking a Performance Nutritionist to lead the performance nutrition program across both Sale Sharks First Team and Academy Team.
- Develop and deliver nutritional support strategies for players to implement across all levels at Sale Sharks, creating an individualised approached that supports the needs of the athlete e.g. nutrition to support strength & power development, recovery, hydration, supplementation, recovery from surgery, tendon health etc.
- Develop, implement, and track individual nutritional strategies to ensure players are prepared for the demands of the game.
- Track players body composition throughout the season providing regular feedback and reports.
- Work closely with the Sale Sharks Chef’s providing support and education around the types and timing of food throughout various points in the week and season.
- Work closely with our Team Manager enabling appropriate nutrition is provided by hotels and catering staff, during away trips, home games and pre-season camps.
- Provided regular education to players at all levels on varying aspects of nutrition to help them understand the importance of various aspects of sports nutrition.
- Manage and monitor our sports supplement program, working closely with Sale Sharks supplement partners.
Personal qualities and skills:
- Thrives in a team environment, building strong relationships and trust within playing group.
- Innovative approaches, engaging players through multiple practices.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, being adaptable, quick thinking and keen to learn and grow.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that are transferable to varying age groups.
- Have a strong will for further CPD & reflective practice.
- Director of Rugby
- Head of Athletic Performance
- Head of Academy
Key working relationships:
- All players
- Performance staff
Qualifications and experience:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant subject.
- SENR (Sport and Exercise Nutrition Register) – minimum graduate status with an ability to gain practitioner status within one year.
- A minimum of 3 years post graduate experience in the provision of nutritional support to athletes whilst working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- ISAK accredited.
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject.
- Experience in applied research in the field of performance nutrition.
- Experience of working in an elite rugby environment or other collision sports.
Salary: Competitive Salary
Contract: Part Time
Closing Date: July 1st 16:00
Interview Date: July 7th/8th
To apply: Please send your CV & cover letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org