Sale Sharks is the only Premier 15’s Rugby Union team in the Northwest, with a growing team. Based between our high-performance training centre, we are looking for coaches to support the girls’ pathway for the 2022-2023 season.
The volunteer role is to deliver coaching to a high standard that supports the implementation of the Centre of Excellence framework and strategy to develop players from the region. The position will be a part of a multi-disciplinary team and support the Club’s vision for the future.
- Deliver high quality coaching sessions which stretches and supports every player’s development.
- Give appropriate and constructive player feedback within the session to aid development.
- Create a challenging and engaging environment for players to thrive in.
- Build good relationships with players, coaches, and parents.
- Dedicate time to continual personal development in your own coaching practice.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to maximise a player’s potential.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Will have achieved, as a minimum, England Rugby Coaching Award (ERCA) or previous UKCC Level 2 award.
- Understand Player Centred Coaching and can adapt coaching style to meet the learning style of the players.
- Valid RFU DBS, or willing to apply for one.
- Be available on Friday evenings (sessions run approximately on a fortnightly basis).
- Safeguarding qualification (Play it Safe)
- Have experience of female or male player pathway coaching.
- Valid First Aid Certificate.
- Able to support the Centre of Excellence during playing opportunities at national and regional festivals (select weekends across the season).
Job Type: Volunteer Role
Hours: Approximately one session every fortnight across the season
To apply please send a CV and covering to: email@example.com