The ultimate aim of the Academy is to produce players of the right quality to play in the Sharks first team as well as developing players that also aspire and who have the potential to also represent their country.
Our belief is that a vibrant Academy system is the key to long term success and the Sharks are fully committed and recognise the importance of working with local clubs and schools to identify and assist in the development of the young and talented players that populate the game in both Lancashire and Cheshire.
- To: Promote a culture of excellence within our organisation
- Create and maintain key partnerships
- Support player pathways and initiatives
- Be involved in assisting; schools clubs, counties and the RFU in raising standards
- Maximise player potential through the access to and the delivery of bespoke technical, tactical, physical, psychological and educational programmes