After more than a year away we are delighted to welcome a limited amount of supporters back to the AJ Bell Stadium for our final 2 league home games of the 2020/21 season!
- Bristol Bears Friday 28th May KO 7.45pm
- Harlequins Friday 4th June KO 7.45pm
TICKET RELEASE DATES
Tickets for both games will go sale with the following release dates:
- Released to 19/20 & 18/19 season ticket holders midday Sunday 16th May.
- General sale midday Thursday 20th May.
All dates are subject to change pending the Prime Minister’s announcement on 10th May.
HOW TO BUY
Tickets must be bought online via eticketing.co.uk/salesharksrugby. Once you have your tickets in your basket you must assign each one to an individual. Click ‘reassign’ on any additional tickets and search for a person using their client ref/member number or surname. If the person doesn’t have a ticketing account then you can register them by clicking here.
Tickets will be allocated based on a ‘best available’ seating map to maintain social distancing.
12pm 11th May – Sharks 2020/21 members and Donators
12pm 20th May – General sale
How to re-assign tickets at checkout.
|Due to restrictions there will be no Platinum tickets available for purchase.|
Concession: Senior over 65 – proof of age may be required • U16 Proof of age may be required • Family Ticket – 2 adult tickets & 2 under 16’s tickets – proof of age may be required
Due to restrictions there will be no Platinum tickets available for purchase for the Bristol or Harlequins match.
HOW IT WORKS
When you buy a ticket, you will receive an email with the electronic ticket attached, and when you open the email at the bottom there will be two ‘buttons’ – one for Apple Wallet and one for G Pay (Google Pay) which is used on Android devices.
You will need to have the relevant app downloaded on your phone if it isn’t pre-installed. Click on the button that applies to your phone and the card will be added. On match day you will just open the e-wallet, select your digital ticket and have it scanned.
FAMILY & GROUP TICKETS
If your season ticket is part of a family or a group all digital tickets will be sent to the lead member. These can all be added to the same wallet for families or you can add them to separate wallets if you are going to be arriving separately. To add to separate wallets you can either download it to your app and then “share pass” or forward the email. Please ensure that each person downloads their own seat as if the same pass is scanned twice only the first one will be allowed in.
If you are having a problem downloading the digital tickets then the issue is likely to be the settings on your phone.
On your phone, go into Settings, then into Apps.
Open up whichever internet browser you use then go into Settings to see the option for allowing/blocking Pop-ups.
You can then allow pop-ups from a specific website, or just allow them for the time it takes you to download the digital ticket(s) then re-block them.
Turn ‘block pop-ups’ off and change your default browser to Google Chrome, then re-try downloading the digital ticket(s).
12pm 20th May – General sale
Parking will be available to purchase via salesharksparking.co.uk from Friday 21st May.
The Manchester Metrolink runs directly to the Trafford Centre and from that point you can use our shuttle service to get to the AJ Bell Stadium but this must be pre-booked via salesharksparking.co.uk.
1. Supporters are asked to familiarise themselves with the Travel Plan and plan in advance your journey to the AJ Bell Stadium.
2. All on and off-site parking locations must be booked in advance via http://www.salesharksparking.co.uk/
3. NEW – All shuttle bus services (Makro and Trafford Centre) must be pre-booked in advance.
4. If using the shuttle bus service (from Makro or The Trafford Centre) supporters are reminded to wear a mask at all times and adhere to social distancing.
5. All shuttle services will seat a limited number of supporters and therefore we would ask for your cooperation during peak times and plan yourjourney accordingly.
6. If you are travelling on public transport please wear a mask at all times and adhere to social distancing
What to expect
Sale Sharks have worked hard to ensure that matchdays are COVID safe and that our supporters feel comfortable when returning to the AJ Bell. There will of course be some changes to how matchdays feel but these considerations have been made with your safety in mind.
ARRIVAL AT THE AJ BELL STADIUM
We will be emailing everyone lucky enough to purchase a ticket 48 hours before KO with an arrival schedule and entrance zone. It is important that supporters adhere to the arrival times to minimise queueing. Entrance will only be permitted at the correct zone. We will also issue a health questionnaire which must be completed before your arrival. Failure to complete the health questionnaire in advance may mean that your arrival is delayed or entrance is not permitted.
At the AJ Bell:
- There will be a range of catering options including some special events however we ask that supporters adhere to social distancing at all times and do not gather near food stalls. Kiosks will be in operation however there may be a reduced offering.
- The Club shop will be open with some brilliant bargains – COVID restrictions has reduced the number of supporters allowed inside at any one time so please be patient.
- The matchday programme will be available to download via our social media pages and from our website.
- Moving around the Stadium: directional signage will be on display and supporters are reminded to socially distance at all times.
Go to eTicketing.co.uk/salesharksrugby. Click sign in on the navigation bar.
Login to your eTicketing account. If you can’t remember your details then click ‘forgot your login details’ below the password field.
Once signed in your client reference number will appear next to your name in brackets. Ignore the leading 0. e.g. Thomas Smith (0343423) would have a client reference number of 343423.