Vacancies at Sale Sharks & The Sale Sharks Community Trust
An exciting opportunity has opened up to be the Commercial Relationship Manager at Sale Sharks.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £27,500.00 to £30,900.00 /year
- Sponsorship: 1 year (Preferred)
Working hours: 8am-4pm (Mon-Fri + fixtures with a day in lieu for Sat / Sun matches)
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the administration and delivery of sponsor and partner contractual obligations
- Assist commercial director with development of new proposals
- Manage relationships with all sponsor and partner accounts including Premiership Rugby and European Rugby obligations and commitments
- Delivery of rights and obligations within each contract account (branding, social media, PR, programme features, ad boards etc)
- Build strong working relationships with all sponsor and partner stakeholders
- Liaise with sponsor and partners to book player appearances, arrange competitions and social media ‘give aways’
- Responsible for match day experience for executive box holders liaising with hospitality and events manager to ensure match day delivery of any contractual obligations
- Arrange and deliver match day activations (in and around stadium)
- Main point of contact with PR company ensuring delivery of press releases for sponsors
- Develop and create contract proposals for new business opportunities
- Support commercial director in upselling / renewals of all current sponsorships / partners
- Development and delivery of all sponsorship / partner events including, but not limited to: Business Club, Golf Days, End of Season dinners etc
- Business Club: arrange venue with sponsor as required
- Plan and develop Business Club theme’s based around rugby events i.e. World Cup
- Develop post-event & post-match reports to submit to sponsors in relation to engagement
- Work within strict budget for Business Club events in relation to food, drinks, branding, special guests
- Liaise with venue to provide event AV as required
- 2 free tickets for all Sale Sharks home fixtures
- Free parking on-site
- Regular early finish Fridays
- Time in lieu given for all weekend work
- 25 days holiday per year PLUS bank holidays
- Staff social events
- Sale Sharks club shop discount
If you’re interested in the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with you CV.
Are you a creative and innovative coach who is willing to help the next generation of Young Sharks Cut Their Teeth?
The Sale Sharks board set out a vision in November 2016 where will we “Future Proof North West Rugby” by having 75% of the senior squad from North West Clubs by year 2020. There is an opportunity for you to join and help us deliver this goal!
Sale Sharks are looking for expressions of interest from the region’s coaches to help implement our regional coaching programme strategy for 2019-2020.
The Developing Player Programme (DPP) is for players aged 12-16 years and is run across seven centres regionally in Cheshire, Lancashire and the Isle of Man with the aims of:
- A development-led programme that provides a longitudinal identification opportunity
- The engagement of broad numbers of players who’s potential will emerge at different stages of development
- A structured and managed player transition process for players entering and exiting the programme specially to ensure those players who do not join the pathway i.e. the majority, are retained in the Community Game to arrive at the ultimate destination – “involvement in the game for life”
The DPP will run twice monthly sessions from October 2019 to April 2020.
- To deliver coaching sessions and festivals for DPP players in line with the agreed calendar
- To develop the players involved in line with the programme objectives
- To attend periodic assessment days to benchmark young players and invite those with potential to attend the DPP
- To continue benchmarking and providing individualised feedback to players to support their on-going development
- To commit to on-going formal & informal personal development and training
Skills & Education
- Will have achieved, as a minimum, England Rugby Coaching Award (ERCA) or the previous UKCC Level 2 award
- Must be registered under the RFU Coach License Scheme
- A valid First Aid Certificate is highly desirable
- Able to demonstrate significant commitment to their personal and professional development
- Understands Player Centred Coaching and can adapt coaching style to meet the learning style of the players
- Can communicate effectively with players, parents and coaches to assist players with self-reflection and setting of appropriate development goals
Qualities & Attributes
- Promote the Academy coaching & playing philosophies
- Adapts quickly and with enthusiasm to changes, and adapts work effort appropriately
- Can show evidence of a creative and innovative approach to coaching
- Understands the current playing pathway at Under 13 to Under 16 and the key stakeholders involved therein
- Is committed to working as part of a team and to working towards the objectives of DPP
- Have professional perspectives on player care and ethical practice
- A schedule of Sale Sharks CPD events (including with Senior Sharks Coaches)
- Access to observe Junior and Senior Academy training sessions
- DPP coaching kit
- Sale Sharks season ticket (claimed on a match by match basis)
- Opportunities to progress through the Academy coaching pathway
How to Apply
Download the DPP-Coach-Application-2019-20 here.
Please email the complete form to Academy Coach Development Officer – email@example.com by 31st July 2019.
Coaches must be available for an initial CPD session on Sunday 15th September 2019 (Cheshire Centres) and Sunday 22ndSeptember 2019 (Lancashire Centres), at Sale Sharks Training Ground, Carrington.
*All hyperlinks in this article will take you to the Sale Sharks website where you will be able to find more detail about each area.