Sharks Community Trust is looking for a highly motivated programme officer who believes in the power of sport and the impact it can have in changing lives in the community.
Hours: 37.5 hours
Salary: £18,000-£19,000 depending on experience
Reporting to: Community Development Manager
Closing date: 5th March, 5pm
Interview date: Two stage process, Zoom interview 12th March, Presentation TBC
As part of the Community Development team for Sharks Community Trust you will be responsible for delivering and supporting the coordination of the Trusts’ Mental Wellbeing projects. This will include; ‘Sharks Forces’ a project designed to support ex-service and serving personnel, ‘Tackle It’ the programme helping to support vulnerable KS3 and KS4 pupils which supports their positive mental health through early intervention group sessions along with supporting the delivery of the Trusts’ new programme ‘Find Your Brave’, a primary school mental wellbeing programme. As part of the role, you will also deliver, ‘80-minute chat’, a project delivered to grassroot rugby clubs to tackle the mental health stigma.
Co-leading the Trust’s Mental Health funded programmes in the North West. Aspects of the role include:
- To work with our partner organisations in order to deliver a successful, high impact programme
- Delivering our positive mental wellbeing interventions at schools, colleges, grassroot rugby clubs and community hubs.
- Supporting and delivering workshops and assemblies for pupils, students, parents, teachers and coaches around mental wellbeing
- Supporting the development of further Trust Mental Health programmes
- Organisation and delivery of various events supporting the Trusts’ Mental Health programmes
- Measuring the impact of the programmes through various measurement and monitoring tools
- Updating on-line monitoring and evaluation systems and completing monitoring reports for the Trust and funding partners
- Liaising with internal and external partners in various parts of the role
- Support the creation of media information and case studies/good news stories to measure the impact of the programme.
- Support the administration elements of the programmes including data collection & inputting and session compliance
- To commit to other duties required in line with the responsibilities of the post
- Possess a relevant degree or qualification or equivalent experience
- A Mental Health qualification
- Experience of working with people from different backgrounds
- Experience of development and delivery of mental wellbeing programme delivery
- A proven track record of achievement and project management
- Ability to manage partnerships effectively and concisely so external partners are satisfied with our work
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office
- Ability to record data and analyse results based on key programme outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- A passion for positively changing lives and going the extra mile
- Possess a rugby or other sports coaching qualification
- Possess a mental health first aid certificate
To apply please send relevant CV and covering letter to Community@salesharks.com.