George Ford, Manu Tuilagi and fit-again Tom Curry will all start for England in their World Cup opener against Argentina in Marseille on Saturday (kick-off 8pm BST live on ITV Sport).
Ford starts in the number ten shirt against the Pumas, with Tuilagi outside him at 12 while Curry will start at openside flanker.
New signing Agustin Creevy will start on the bench for Argentina as both sides look to get their World Cup campaigns underway with a win.
England men’s head coach Steve Borthwick has named Courtney Lawes as captain and he’ll start at blindside flanker alongside Curry with Ben Earl at No.8.
In the front row, vice-captain Ellis Genge starts at loosehead prop with Jamie George at hooker and Dan Cole on the tighthead. Elsewhere in the pack, Maro Itoje and Ollie Chessum are paired in the second row.
Alex Mitchell and vice-captain Ford feature in the half-back berths, with inside centre Tuilagi partnering Joe Marchant at 13.
Jonny May lines up on the right wing, opposite Elliot Daly on the left, and Freddie Steward is at fullback.
Amongst the replacements, Theo Dan, Joe Marler, Will Stuart, George Martin, Lewis Ludlam, Danny Care, Marcus Smith, and Ollie Lawrence will all be hoping to make an impact should they join the action in Marseille.
“With an excellent week of preparation in Le Touquet, the players are now looking forward to starting their Rugby World Cup campaign under the lights in Marseille on Saturday,” said Borthwick.
“After a number of impressive performances in the last 12 months by Argentina, we know that the first game in our pool will provide a stern test.
“This great tournament provides an excitingly special opportunity for our players, who I know, as ever, will be giving their all in front of our travelling support in the south of France.”
ENGLAND v ARGENTINA
Saturday 9 September 2023
Stade de Marseille
Kick-off: 9pm (local time)
15. Freddie Steward (Leicester Tigers, 26 caps)
14. Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby, 73 caps)
13. Joe Marchant (Stade Francais, 19 caps)
12. Manu Tuilagi (Sale Sharks, 53 caps)
11. Elliot Daly (Saracens, 59 caps)
10. George Ford – vice-captain (Sale Sharks, 85 caps)
9. Alex Mitchell (Northampton Saints, 6 caps)
1. Ellis Genge – vice-captain (Bristol Bears, 52 caps)
2. Jamie George (Saracens, 79 caps)
3. Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers, 102 caps)
4. Maro Itoje (Saracens, 70 caps)
5. Ollie Chessum (Leicester Tigers, 11 caps)
6. Courtney Lawes – captain (Northampton Saints, 100 caps)
7. Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 45 caps)
8. Ben Earl (Saracens, 18 caps)
16. Theo Dan (Saracens, 3 caps)
17. Joe Marler (Harlequins, 82 caps)
18. Will Stuart (Bath Rugby, 29 caps)
19. George Martin (Leicester Tigers, 3 caps)
20. Lewis Ludlam (Northampton Saints, 21 caps)
21. Danny Care (Harlequins, 90 caps)
22. Marcus Smith (Harlequins, 24 caps)
23. Ollie Lawrence (Bath Rugby, 14 caps)