Sale Sharks are recruiting an experienced and enthusiastic strength and conditioning coach to assist in the physical development of the Sharks academy on a full-time basis.
Title: Academy Strength and Conditioning Coach.
Reports to: Head of Academy S&C and Academy Manager
Remuneration: Dependant on experience.
Purpose of role:
To plan, deliver and review areas of physical development within the academy, with a focus on individual player development. The successful candidate will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to create a world class training environment.
- In consultation with other practitioners plan and publish Academy S&C programmes and schedules
- Collate initial player benchmarks and baseline standards ,implement a robust testing regime to evidence player development
- Deliver age relative Strength and Conditioning programmes to developing Academy athletes across the pathway.
- Visits to EAP schools and Myerscough College.
- Foster relationships and share information with relative contacts.
- Adhere to Set best practice standards internally, share best practice standard externally.
- Support games and festivals where appropriate.
The successful candidate must have:
- Some experience working within a high-performance environment and a good understanding of elite sports pathways and youth development.
- Excellent knowledge and ability to construct strength, speed / change of direction and energy system-based training schedules, with appropriate diagnostics and monitoring included.
- Flexibility to work unsociable hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Good organisational skills as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Initiative, adaptability and efficiency in finding ways to challenge and stimulate players in their pursuit of excellence.
- Enhanced DBS clearance and a full driving licence with access to a car / transport.
Key performance indicators:
- Effectiveness of coaching interventions provided to academy players.
- Evidence of progress made by all players towards fulfilling their physical potential.
- Development of sustainable practices across the academy.
- Adherence to all RFU / PRL regulations to maintain the academy licence.
- Feedback from players and stakeholders on the quality of service provided.
Sale Sharks are highly motivated in the development and care of their staff. This is why the successful candidate will receive extensive CPD, both within the club and from external sources to allow them to progress their methods.
To apply, please send an up-to-date CV showing your experience and qualifications, and a one-page cover letter explaining what your coaching philosophy and why you are a suitable candidate for the role.
All applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is the 28th March.
Interviews will take place the week beginning the 4th April.